This is a HOT topic being discussed in some of my circles of friends and clients. I see it all over social media, and its happened in my own life. It almost creates a life of its own if we don't keep it in check. We must first go back to ground zero in our lives and be reminded that we have an Ego and a higher self, and a soul.
Photo credit: World Boat magazine
Its the ego's job to keep us in a space of fear especially when we are trying to do our best to answer what's for the highest good for our soul. Years ago when I first started studying about the ego I used to think of it as an enemy (if you will).
I no longer view the ego this way at all. I simply have learned that the ego does serve a purpose to alert us to real danger. However it does NOT serve us if we are constantly in fear mode in our lives by being a pain in the ass, or if we are a "walking bag of hammers".
So, we must take on the role of leadership within our own lives and learn how to cohabitate with our own ego, because thats why we are here on Gods green earth, is to learn. By first understanding the fear the ego brings forth, and that it is our responsibility who we allow to steer our ship into the shore in our life.
Daily, (several times a day) there is much self talk going on that needs to take place with our ego, letting it know we understand that it wants to be in charge, and that we know its trying to do it's job. The only time I do give my ego permission to be in charge is if Im in real danger, other than that I need to remind the ego to jump in the back seat, because my higher self is more than qualified to do the driving here. Im also a student of EFT the tapping solution , and have seen this work miracles in my life and others.
It is completely our choice as to how we designate, and who will be in charge in our lives.
A very good indicator when you check in with yourself is this:
If we choose our higher self (our soul) to be in charge, we are coming from a place of Love. If we choose to allow our ego mind (our personalities) to be in charge, we are coming from a space of fear.
My #1 bestseller book, A Two Foot Decision And A Red Teapot goes deep into many more details and is solely based on this way of thinking, and whether we "choose in" on Love or fear.
I believe we all have the right to subscribe to a higher power of our own understanding, mine is God. So I will never push anything on you. I will however, share what Ive learned. The rest is up to you, take what resonates and leave the rest.
Below you'll find a list I compiled along with some great articles and blog posts. While the list is only a fraction, These are some of the most common beliefs we must "Let Go Of", to allow our higher self to come in and be in charge, and feel the true Love we are all here to learn about and obtain.
17 Beliefs About Love You Must Let Go Of If You Want To Be Happy
1. Let go of the belief that there’s only one person, only one soulmate, only one twin flame, and let go of the belief there is only one right way to feel love, experience it, and live it.
2. Let go of the belief that romantic love is the answer to all of your problems. Until you truly, madly and deeply fall in love with yourself you will begin to understand this. Let go of the idea that as soon as you find love, all the anxiety you have about your job and your social life and your overall existence will magically dissipate. This way of thinking only serves to dangle a carrot in front of yourself that you won't be Abe to reach.
3. Let go of the belief that the reason you have not yet found your person is because you’re unlovable. Let go of every instinct within you that wants you to believe that something is wrong with you, or that something about you must be fixed. While we must learn from our past experiences and self correct, it does us no good to be hard on ourselves. If you've been doing this, forgive yourself for this. That’s the ego and fear side talking to you and trying to be in charge.You can learn and still administer amazing self love.
4. Let go of the belief that everyone else’s romantic life or single life must be way better than yours, since sometimes, it seems that way. Anytime you are single, it's the biggest opportunity to fall deeply in love with yourself. Use this time to truly adore yourself and get to know who you really are.
5. Let go of the belief that once you find love, everything that comes afterwards is easy and effortless and perfect and a total cakewalk. If you get to know and love yourself, you will know that the universe has a much better plan for you, far better than you could Imagine
6. Let go of the belief that you only deserve to find love once everything else in your life is perfect. This comes from living in the moment, everything is by universal design. If you live in the moment you can pivot at any moment. "Its this or something better" mentality.
7. Let go of the belief that love is something you must cross off of a checklist, that you need to find your soulmate in order to be ‘successful’ and to be considered someone with a good life. Become a happier person inside and out. Genuine happiness.
8. Let go of the idea that your future lifelong love must be perfect. Let go of the rigid image you’ve built up in your brain – of someone strong and flawless and simply everything you’ve ever dreamed of. Come to terms with the fact that the right person can be imperfect while still being perfect for you.
9. Let go of the pressure you feel to explain your ‘single situation’ to that nosy person at that party. Let go of the belief that you are required to give them a detailed answer as to what could possibly be so wrong with you that you are on your own. Learn that there is nothing wrong with politely or not-so-politely telling them to leave you alone.
10. Let go of the belief that everyone who is in a relationship is radiantly happy, and that everyone who is single is unbelievably depressed.
11. Let go of the belief that love should always feel weightless and beautiful and easy. Even with the right person, it can still be really damed hard.
12. Let go of the belief that there’s an age limit to finding new love. Some of the happiest people around, found love after 40.
13. Let go of the idea that you can only be truly whole once you’ve found another person. They can make you feel whole and complete and known, but you can also do this on your own. Self love baby!
14. Let go of your desire to have every milestone in your life organized, planned, and scheduled down to the minute. You can control a lot of things in your life, but you can’t control how or when or even if you fall in love.
15. Let go of the belief that you need someone else to come into your life to make everything right. Let go of thinking you need to make everything right in their life, like to please, or help, or make their life right. You can start making your own life right all by yourself, right now. Thats when you will see shifts come in.
16. Let go of the idea that you’re alone. Because even if you’re single, even if you think you’re the most single person in the world, you’re still not alone. You always have our tribe, you always have a spiritual running buddy with us. Always reach out and keep asking more.
17. Let go of the idea that finding your idea of true, incredible, soul-shaking love is the only option. It’s a breathtaking option, it’s a wonderful option, and I know with my everything that everything happens exactly as it should with divine timing. Know you will be okay. Okay can still mean you’ll sometimes be sad, or lonely, or frustrated. But still, you will be okay.
Come to Paris France with me for a week long intensive to launch and grow your business and personal mastery for spiritual growth. Get busy in your life putting the focus on you, get to know and love yourself better, more than you ever have, invest in yourself, Invest in your business. Fall in love with yourself in Paris.. Get busy having fun and take some chances that you will look back In your life and say "Im glad I let go of the rope", Im glad I let go of trying to control everything in my life, Im glad I let go of those fixed beliefs that society has taught me. Now, you can put the trust and control in the hands of a higher power of your own understanding, who loves you more than anyone else possible can.
Photo credit: Hand Luggage Only
As always check back for more on this blog, and On my social media channels for plenty of positive and actionable tools and insights you can use. Also be sure to report back your own experiences. And please, if you found this information useful, then spread the love and use the links below to share this post with your friends.
Love and Light,
Credits :Kim Quindlen. Oregon, Utah, Rock climbing, smith Rock